Since the conference CiE 2005 is sponsored by the Association for Symbolic Logic, graduate students who are members of the ASL may apply for an ASL Student Travel Grant.
Please note that the funds of the ASL for these travel grants are very limited.
To be considered for a travel grant, please send a letter of application to the ASL at firstname.lastname@example.org with "ASL travel application" as the subject line, and ask your thesis supervisor to send a brief recommendation letter to the same address. These letters had to be received by the ASL before
March 8, 2005
The application letter should be brief (preferably one page) and should include:
- your name;
- your home institution;
- your thesis supervisor's name;
- a one-paragraph description of your studies and work in logic, and a paragraph indicating why it is important to attend the meeting;
- your estimate of the travel expenses you will incur;
- (for citizens or residents of the USA) citizenship or visa status; and
- (voluntary) indication of your gender and minority status.
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. More information about ASL Travel Grants can be found on the ASL Webpage