The conference CiE 2005 was the start of a new conference series Computability in Europe
. Since 2008 it is the conference series of the Association Computability in Europe.
The series is coordinated by the CiE Conference Series Steering Committee
Former Members of the Steering Committee: Luís Antunes
- Arnold Beckmann (Swansea, chair, 2005-2017)
- Laurent Bienvenu (Paris, 2012-2016)
- Paola Bonizzoni (Milano, acting treasurer of the Association CiE until 2016)
- Alessandra Carbone (Paris, 2014-2018)
- Nataša Jonoska (Tampa FL, 2011-2019)
- Benedikt Löwe (Amsterdam, 2005-2017)
- Florin Manea (Kiel, 2013-2017)
- Dag Normann (Oslo, acting president of the Association CiE until 2016)
- Mariya Soskova (Sofia, 2012-2016)
- Susan Stepney (York, 2013-2017)
(Porto, 2010-2014), Paola Bonizzoni
(Milano, 2005-2011), Barry Cooper
(Leeds, 2005-2012), Viv Kendon
(Leeds, 2009-2013), Elvira Mayordomo Cámara
(Zaragoza, 2005-2010), Dag Normann
(Oslo, 2005-2012), Andrea Sorbi
(Siena; 2005-2007), Peter van Emde Boas
The following events have taken place or are planned in the series:
- CiE 2016: Pursuit of the Universal.
Paris, France, 2016.
Programme Committee Chairs: Laurent Bienvenu (Paris 7), Nataša Jonoska (Tampa FL)
- CiE 2015: Evolving Computability.
Bucharest, Romania, 29 June - 3 July 2015.
Programme Committee Chairs: Victor Mitrana (Bucharest), Mariya Soskova (Sofia)
- CiE 2014: Language, Life, Limits.
Budapest, Hungary, 23-28 June 2014.
Programme Committee Chairs: Erzsébet Csuhaj-Varjú (Budapest), Klaus Meer (Cottbus)
- CiE 2013: The Nature of Computation: Logic, Algorithms, Applications.
Milano, Italy, 1-5 July 2013.
Programme Committee Chairs: Paola Bonizzoni (Milano), Vasco Brattka (München).
- CiE 2012: How the World Computes.
Cambridge, England, 18-23 June 2012.
Programme Committee Chairs: Barry Cooper (Leeds), Anuj Dawar (Cambridge)
- CiE 2011: Models of Computation in Context.
Sofia, Bulgaria, 27 June - 2 July 2011.
Programme Committee Chairs: Dag Normann (Oslo), Ivan Soskov (Sofia)
- CiE 2010: Programs, Proofs, Processes.
Ponta Delgada (Açores), Portugal. 30 June - 4 July 2010.
Programme Committee Chairs: Fernando Ferreira (Lisbon), Elvira Mayordomo Cámara (Zaragoza)
- CiE 2009: Mathematical Theory and Computational Practice.
Heidelberg, Germany. 19-24 July 2009.
Programme Committee Chairs: Klaus Ambos-Spies (Heidelberg), Wolfgang Merkle (Heidelberg)
- CiE 2008: Logic and Theory of Algorithms.
Athens, Greece. 15-20 June 2008
Programme Committee Chairs: Arnold Beckmann (Swansea), Costas Dimitracopoulos (Athens)
- CiE 2007: Computation and Logic in the Real World.
Siena, Italy. 18-23 June 2007.
Programme Committee Chairs: Barry Cooper (Leeds), Andrea Sorbi (Siena)
- CiE 2006: Logical approaches to computational barriers.
Swansea, Wales, 30 June - 5 July 2006.
Programme Committee Chairs: Arnold Beckmann (Swansea), John Tucker (Swansea)
- CiE 2005: New computational paradigms.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 8-12 June 2005.
Programme Committee Chairs: Barry Cooper (Leeds), Benedikt Löwe (Amsterdam)