How to Apply
Applications are now closed and will reopen at the end of September 2017. You can start reading the information below to familiarize yourself with the procedure. If you are a non-EU student who plans to apply for February 2018, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org a.s.a.p.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
To apply to the Master of Logic or the Logic Year you first have to submit an enrolment application in Studielink. One day after you completed your registration in Studielink, you will receive an email with your UvA student number (UvA-net ID) and an email with an invitation to finalize your application by filling in an online form. Information on how to submit enrolment applications in Studielink
In the online application form you will be asked for several documents, so make sure to have these ready in pdf format.
- Required documents, which must be submitted immediately:
- Curriculum vitae;
- A single pdf file containing all official transcripts and grades of all university courses/examinations taken; if the documents are not in Dutch, English, German, Italian or French, please also submit translations;
- A single pdf file containing all diplomas of previous completed academic education. In case the documents are not in Dutch, English, German, Italian or French, please also submit translations;
- A written statement (approximately one page) of your motivation (for instance: why are you applying for the programme, why Logic, why at the ILLC?)
- A copy of your passport (identity page).
- Required documents, which can be submitted later:
You will also be asked to provide us with the name and email address of two faculty members who are familiar with your work. They will receive an automated email with an invitation to write a letter of recommendation. Please ask them beforehand whether they would indeed be willing to send us such a letter.
- The application deadlines for a start on September 1 are as follows:
Apr. 1: for students from EU/EEA countries (including the Netherlands),
Feb. 1: for students from other countries.
The application deadlines for a start on February 1 are as follows:
Dec. 1: for students from EU/EEA countries (including the Netherlands),
Oct. 15: for students from other countries.
Although it is possible to start in February, please be aware that we do recommend starting in September.
If possible, we will consider also applications received after these deadlines, but we cannot guarantee a successful visa application procedure and housing support anymore. For more detailed information on visa applications and housing, please have a look here.
The deadline for sending in the English test result is:
May 15: for international students applying for scholarships through the University of Amsterdam (Beth, AMS, AES). This deadline is strict.
Since there are no scholarships options in February, there are not strict deadlines for the English test result which must be sent before the start of the programme.
Later years: if accepted for the MoL, you should re-register every following year through Studielink before the following deadlines:
Aug. 31 for a start per September 1
Jan. 31 for a start per February 1
The Master of Logic has no maximum number of admissions. The Admissions Board determines acceptance on the basis of the information you supply in your application; if you meet the requirements, you will be admitted, no matter how many other students have been admitted previously.
It might be that more information is needed to come to a decision. In that case you will be contacted directly.
We aim to be able to inform you of our decision within 4 to 6 weeks after the application deadline that applies to you.
If, for a pressing reason, you would need a decision at an earlier moment, please inform us at email@example.com and we will do our best to comply.
If you have other questions, please also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If applicable international students will be contacted by Student Services on housing matters and visa applications automatically;
- All admitted students will be contacted by the Master of Logic again at the end of June, with information about the start of the programme.
- In the meantime, if you have any doubts or questions, do feel free to contact us anytime, again at email@example.com.