CfP special issue of "Logical Investigations" on Negation
The journal "Logical Investigations" provides a platform for broad discussions of logical problems of both conceptual and purely theoretical nature. There are plans for a special issue of "Logical Investigations" devoted to logical and philosophical aspects of negation, Vol. 27(1), 2021.
Original papers are invited on negation related topics including but not limited to the following:
- negation as a modal operator
- contradictoriness and contrariety
- the interplay between negation and implication
- bilateralism (in proof-theoretic semantics)
- sentential negation versus term negation
- negationless theories
- negation inconsistent non-trivial logics
- negation, rejection, and denial
- negative information
- negation and disagreement
- demi-negation (double negation as negation)
Submissions should be written in English and should be submitted electronically as Pdf-documents generated from LaTeX using the style file LIarticle.cls which is available at https://logicalinvestigations.ru/public/journals/1/LI_template_eng.zip
(Final versions must be submitted as LaTeX source files.)
Papers should contain an abstract (200 to 250 words, preferably without references) and a list of keywords. Papers should not exceed 20 pages in the above mentioned format (including all notes, the bibliography, and the abstract). Submissions should include information about the author(s) first and last names; affiliation; full address of the place of work (including the postal code, country and city); authors' e-mail addresses.
- J. Michael Dunn (Dept. of Philosophy and School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering, Bloomington University, USA)
- João Marcos (Department of Informatics and Applied Mathematics, UFRN, Natal, Brazil)
- Graham Priest (Graduate Center, City University of New York, USA, and Melbourne University, Australia)
Guest Editors: Grigory Olkhovikov, Hitoshi Omori, and Heinrich Wansing (all Ruhr University Bochum, Germany).
Deadline for submission: July 31, 2020. Notification of acceptance: November 30, 2020. Final versions due: February 28, 2021