Research Associate/ Research Fellow - Transforming Maintenance Through Data Science, Crawley (Australia)
The Australian Centre for Transforming Maintenance through Data Science aims to train a new generation of data scientist specialists, equipping them with the skills needed to develop new data science methods for solving complex modelling and optimisation challenges in asset maintenance. This cohort of data scientists will drive an exciting transformation of maintenance practice in the Australian resources industry based on new advances in machine learning, artificial intelligence and optimisation.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline within engineering, physics, computer science, or mathematics.
- Research experience in Natural Language Processing and Knowledge Representation.
- Track record of research publication and in seeking and obtaining grant funding (relative to opportunity).
- Written and verbal communication skills in the preparation of high-quality reports, presentations and publications.
- Organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines.