PhD student position in knowledge representation and reasoning techniques, Ulm (Germany)
BMW Car IT is offering a 3-year doctoral position starting from February 2018 in cooperation with Prof. Dr. Birte Glimm the University of Ulm.
BMW Car IT in Ulm is working on the development of the latest generation of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). These systems need anticipatory map data to create a representation of the road ahead. The data is transformed in a foresight by a component that needs to satisfy a set of requirements like the ability to easily incorporate and distribute new information, the possibility to infer and extract knowledge related to these data and the aptitude of offering a generic and abstract interface to extract this knowledge. The objective of this research is to address the challenges generated by the previous requirements by adopting a knowledge-oriented approach based on defining an ontological model to store, extract and distribute the map data to the ADAS functions.
- Advanced knowledge of Ontology Modelling and knowledge representation techniques
- Good knowledge about reasoning techniques
- Good programming skills in C++
- General knowledge of the Robot Operating System (ROS) is beneficial
- General knowledge of Machine Learning is beneficial
- Business-fluent English is required
For enquiries, please contact Prof. Dr. Birte Glimm at birte.glimm at uni-ulm.de.
The formal application is via students at bmw-carit.de.