Postdoc position in Computer Science ("Logic for Knowledge
The University of Luxembourg, which was founded in 2003, is a research university at the heart of Europe. The Computer Science and Communication Research (CSC) research unit, which belongs to the Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication, is located in the city Luxembourg, next to the European Institutions (see http://www.uni.lu/). We are looking for a:
Postdoctoral Researcher in Computer Science (m/f)
for a 3-year contract, 40 hours/week.
The researcher will participate in research in the areas "logic for knowledge representation" or "logic for multi-agent systems", at the Interdisciplinary Lab for Intelligent and Adaptive Systems (ILIAS) within the CSC. The ILIAS team performs pure and applied research in artificial intelligence, and the vacant position is created in the context of the new research axe on knowledge representation and multi-agent systems, led by Leon van der Torre and Emil Weydert. For more information see: http://agamemnon.uni.lu/ILIAS/.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious University;
- International working environment for collaborative and interdisciplinary research;
- Possible contribution to the supervision of master and PhD students, and teaching activities;
- A competitive salary (between 41 600 EUR and 53 300 EUR annually after taxes).
- Candidates hold a PhD, preferably in computer science (or equivalent), and obtained their PhD at most 12 years ago;
- Candidates are experienced and enthusiastic postdoctoral researchers with an excellent track record on logic for artificial intelligence; Of particular interest are candidates with special expertise in logic for knowledge representation or logic for multi-agent systems;
- Candidates should possess good written and oral English skills; Working knowledge in German and/or French is an advantage.
Interested candidates are asked to send their full application (cover
letter, curriculum vitae, a list of publications, the names of three
referees) before *May 30^th 2006* with the Reference:
Universit\351 du Luxembourg
Service des Ressources Humaines
162A, avenue de la Fa\357encerie L-1511
For further information on this position, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Leon Van der Torre
E-mail: leon.vandertorre at uni.lu