10 - 14 August 2021, ESSLLI Workshop "Computing Semantics with Types, Frames, & Related Structures", Utrecht, The Netherlands
The goal of this workshop is to bring together people interested in structured representations of semantic information, especially from a computational perspective. In recent years, there has been a growing body of research which aims to integrate structured entities into formal semantic accounts. Important developments in this direction are the introduction of rich type systems and the use of frame-based representations, among others. The workshop is open to both foundational issues of structured semantic representations and applications to specific linguistic phenomena.
A first edition of the workshop took place in Gothenburg as part of IWCS 2019.
Topics for submissions include, but are not limited to:
* Richly typed formalisms for natural language semantics.
* Frame-based approaches to formal and computational semantics.
* Applications of dependent types in semantics.
* Semantic computation with structured representations.
* Interactions between lexical semantic structures and compositional semantics.
Papers should not exceed 8 pages in length, excluding references, and should be formatted in accordance with the ACL style sheets.