A new twist to the miner's puzzle
Martin Aher. Presented at the Semantics and Philosophy colloquium in Europe, Berlin, June 2014.
Searching for directions: epistemic and deontic modals in InqS
Martin Aher and Jeroen Groenendijk. Presented at the Tenth International Tbilisi Symposium on Language, Logic and Computation (TbiLLC), September 26, 2013.
Deontic and epistemic modals in suppositional inquisitive semantics
Martin Aher and Jeroen Groenendijk. Presented at:
- Sinn und Bedeutung, Gottingen, September 2014. (slides)
- Questions in Discourse, Gottingen, September 2014. (slides)
- Semantics and Philosophy in Europe, September 2015. (slides)
- Estonian-Finnish Logic Meeting, November 2015.
Scales of negativity
Adrian Brasoveanu, Donka Farkas, and Floris Roelofsen. Work in progress. Presented at:
- University of California Santa Cruz, January 18, 2013 (slides)
Lucas Champollion, Ivano Ciardelli, and Linmin Zhang. Presented at:
- Leiden Utrecht Semantics Happenings (LUSH), November 2015. (slides)
Questions meaning = resolution conditions
Ivano Ciardelli. Submitted for publication, March 2017.
Ivano Ciardelli, Rosalie Iemhoff and Fan Yang. Submitted for publication, April 2017.
Ivano Ciardelli and Maria Aloni. Presented at Imperatives: Worlds and Beyond, University of Hamburg, June 2016.
Ivano Ciardelli and Floris Roelofsen. Presented at the European Epistemology Network, July 2014.
Ivano Ciardelli and Floris Roelofsen. Submitted for publication, April 2017.
An Inquisitive Formalization of Interrogative Inquiry
Yacin Hamami. Paper presented at the IMI workshop in Paris, January 30-31, 2012. (slides, paper)
Jeroen Groenendijk and Floris Roelofsen. Submitted for publication. Presented at:
- Questions in Discourse workshop in Stuttgart, May 21, 2014.
- KNAW Colloquium on Dependence Logic, March 5, 2014. (slides)
- The LeGO Seminar in Amsterdam, November 15, 2013. (slides)
- The Tenth International Tbilisi Symposium on Language, Logic and Computation (TbiLLC), September 26, 2013. (slides)
- Workshop on Inquisitive Logic and Dependence Logic in Amsterdam, June 17, 2013.
- Workshop on Logic, Questions, and Inquiry in Paris, May 30, 2013
An inquisitive perspective on meaning: the case of disjunction
Floris Roelofsen. Presented at:
- Stanford Linguistics Colloquium, February 13, 2013
- Rochester Linguistics Colloquium, February 20, 2013
- UMass Linguistics Colloquium, February 21, 2013
- Questions in Discourse workshop, Berlin, March 11, 2013 (handout)
- UCL Linguistics Colloquium, April 9, 2013
- Stuttgart IMS Colloquium, November 18, 2013 (handout)
- KNAW Colloquium, Amsterdam, March 5, 2014 (handout)
- Understanding Questions Workshop, Leiden, March 28, 2014 (handout)
Two alternatives for disjunction: an inquisitive reconciliation
Floris Roelofsen, submitted for publication, January 2016. (based on the first part of a series of talks in 2013/2014)
Floris Roelofsen, presented at:
- XPrag workshop on Questions, Answers, and Negation in Berlin, January 2016.
- ROSE linguistics seminar, Utrecht, June 2016.
- Göttingen linguistics seminar, June 2016 (handout)
Floris Roelofsen, presented at Situations, Information, and Semantic Content, December 2016.
Floris Roelofsen and Wataru Uegaki. Presented at Sinn und Bedeutung, 2016.
An Impossibility Theorem in Radical Inquisitive Semantics
Katsuhiko Sano. Presented at as Workshop on Relating Particles to Evidence and Inference, 14th July 2012, Goettingen, Germany. Current version, January 2014, submitted for publication.
Jennifer Spenader. Submitted for publication.
Can questions be directly disjoined
Anna Szabolcsi. Invited talk at CLS, April 2015.
A uniform semantics for declarative and interrogative complements
Nadine Theiler, Floris Roelofsen, and Maria Aloni. Submitted for publication, November 2016.
Part of the paper (on embedding predicates) has been presented at a colloquium in Konstanz (handout).
A grammatical source of the Gettier judgment
Wataru Uegaki and Paul Marty. Presented at a Symposium on 'knowledge' in Japanese. November, 2012, University of Tokyo.
Action models in inquisitive logic
Thom van Gessel. Submitted for publication, February 2017.
Contrastive topic: a compositional account in terms of non-cooperativity
Matthijs Westera. Presented at the Questions in Discourse Workshop, December 2013, Amsterdam.