Postdoctoral Researcher in Computer Science (M/F)
3-year contract, 40 hours/week
The researcher will participate in research in the areas "logic for knowledge representation" or "logic for multi-agent systems", at the Interdisciplinary Lab for Intelligent and Adaptive Systems (ILIAS) within the CSC. The ILIAS team performs pure and applied research in artificial intelligence, and the vacant position is created in the context of the new research axe on knowledge representation and multi-agent systems,led by Leon van der Torre and Emil Weydert.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious University;
- International working environment for collaborative and interdisciplinary research;
- Possible contribution to the supervision of master and PhD students, and teaching activities;
- A competitive salary (between € 41.600 and € 53.300 annually after taxes).
- Candidates hold a PhD, preferably in computer science (or equivalent), and obtained their PhD at most 12 years ago;
- Candidates are experienced and enthusiastic postdoctoral researchers with an excellent track record on logic for artificial intelligence; Of particular interest are candidates with special expertise in logic for knowledge representation or logic for multi-agent systems;
- Candidates should possess good written and oral English skills; working knowledge in German and/or French is an advantage.
Interested candidates are asked to send their full application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of publications, the names of three referees) before May 30th 2006 with the Reference: UL/ASS/CHERCH/COMSC/LV/04/2006 to:
Université du Luxembourg
Service des Ressources Humaines
162A, avenue de la Faïencerie