18 - 20 July 2022, Trends in Logic XXII
The 22nd Trends in Logic workshop, entitled "Strong & Weak Kleene Logics", will take place at the University of Cagliari (Cagliari, Italy) from 18–20 July 2022. It is organized by the ALOPHIS research group of the Department of Pedagogy, Psychology and Philosophy.
The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers working on various facets of logics related to the strong and weak Kleene systems, be they algebraic, proof-theoretic, or philosophical. The workshop will be held in a hybrid format, with in-person as well as online sessions. The workshop will be followed by another event on neighbouring topics, the second installment of Workshop on Relating Logics from July 22--23.
Submissions of extended abstracts (up to 2 pages, not counting the bibliography). ae solicited. The topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proof theory and algebraic semantics, for Strong Kleene logic, The Logic of Paradox, Bochvar's logic, and Paraconsistent Weak Kleene logic.
- Kleene lattices and their expansions (e.g., MV-algebras)
- Płonka sums and regular varieties
- Left & right variable inclusion logics
- Non-Tarskian relatives of Kleene logics
- Philosophical applications
- CS applications
Full versions of selected papers will be published in a special issue of Studia Logica after an open call for papers.