14 October 2020, 4th Workshop on Foundational Ontology (FOUST IV)
The purpose of this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers to present work on specific foundational ontologies as well as foundational ontologies in general and their relations to each other and to the wider ontological enterprise. The 4th Workshop on Foundational Ontology (FOUST IV) is organised as part of the Joint Ontology Workshops and hosted by the Bolzano Summer of Knowledge.
Relevant topics include:
- Changes to existing foundational ontologies / extension by new modules
- Any specific category or topic usually covered by foundational ontology (e.g., functions, roles, time, mereology)
- Theoretical results about specific foundational ontologies (e.g., consistency proof of significant parts of an existing foundational ontology)
- Comparison and alignments of foundational ontologies
- Relationship between foundational ontologies and domain ontologies
- Applications of foundational ontologies in AI, Semantic Web, Linguistics, etc.
We encourage different types of contribution: Full research papers (10 pages) and Short papers (6 pages). Papers should be submitted non-anonymously in PDF format following IOS Press formatting guidelines. All contributions to JOWO workshops will be published in a joint CEUR proceedings volume.